Worried about not selling your home fast enough? Consider staging your home with rental furniture from Brook Furniture Rental! Home staging is the process of prepping and staging a home with furnishings so that it makes the best possible impression on potential buyers, leading to a quicker sale. Furniture is a main focus in staging, and typically at least some new pieces will be needed. But that doesn’t mean you have to go out and buy them.
Some people avoid the staging process and think it’s not worth the expense. But home staging not only helps to sell a home faster, but also usually for more money than it would otherwise. One way to make home staging affordable is to rent staging furniture.
1. Less is more. Clear out any unnecessary furniture. De-clutter surfaces on counters and shelves. Remove enough items so that there is some empty space in closets, on shelves, and in cabinets. Don’t get carried away and take too much out. The rooms shouldn’t seem empty, but they should seem roomy. Rooms that are not cluttered will appear more spacious.
2. Touch up with paint. Don’t show a house unless the walls are in good condition. Repair cracks on walls or trim. Once repaired, spruce up the room with a fresh coat of paint.
3. Remove personal items. Thought it is still your home until officially sold, remove personal items. Whether they are family photos in the living room or personal beauty products, pack them away when the house is being shown. Removing personal items will allow potential homebuyers to envision themselves living in the home.
4. Decorate the outside. With most emphasis put on the inside of the home, the outside can end up getting neglected. Don’t let this happen to you. Decorate the outdoor space with flowerpots and outdoor furniture. This will help to show potential homeowners the amount of usable living space.
5. Clean, clean, clean. This might seem obvious but its importance cannot be stressed enough. Clean the house thoroughly. Make sure the floors have been swept and mopped and that the windows and mirrors are smudge free. Take this as an opportunity to make sure the house smells good, too. Air it our before a showing. Make sure garbage has been taken out. When staging a home, it can never be too clean.